Aller au contenu

Guerre civile culture, IDW, SJW & co

Messages recommandés

33 minutes ago, Rincevent said:

Mort en 2010. Il a dit du bien de lui de son vivant ? ;)

Dans The  Black Swan en 2007.

En hommage a Taleb, on peut observer que l'heuristique selon laquelle NNT ne dit du bien que de lui même est généralement pertinente, et que le nitpicking sur Mandelbrot est un formalisme théorique universitaire sans intérêt dans la monde réel, également connu sous le nom de "exception qui confirme la règle".

• Haha 1
il y a 32 minutes, Rincevent a dit :

En même temps, de quelle personne vivante NNT a-t-il déjà fait l'éloge, à part NNT ? ;)

Pour recevoir un compliment de NNT, il vaut mieux savoir tailler un bouc, cuisiner des pâtes à l'encre de seiche ou faire un beau soulevé de terre. En fermant sa gueule, bien sûr.

il y a une heure, Moustachu a dit :

En effet. Il y avait quelqu'un qui avait dit que la réputation de bon débatteur de Shapiro ne venait que de ses "performances" face à des étudiants pas très balèzes eux-même (il me semble que c'était NNT je me rappelle plus).

C'est à peu près la vision qu'à la gauche américaine de Shapiro, ils ont raison je trouve, c'est un beau parleur mais quand on s’intéresse à ce qu'il dit, plein de choses ne tiennent pas la route.

il y a une heure, Moustachu a dit :

En effet. Il y avait quelqu'un qui avait dit que la réputation de bon débatteur de Shapiro ne venait que de ses "performances" face à des étudiants pas très balèzes eux-même (il me semble que c'était NNT je me rappelle plus).

C'est à peu près la vision qu'à la gauche américaine de Shapiro, ils ont raison je trouve, c'est un beau parleur mais quand on s’intéresse à ce qu'il dit, plein de choses ne tiennent pas la route.

il y a 34 minutes, Lameador a dit :

Dans The  Black Swan en 2007.

Alors I stand corrected. :)

il y a 35 minutes, Lameador a dit :

En hommage a Taleb, on peut observer que l'heuristique selon laquelle NNT ne dit du bien que de lui même est généralement pertinente, et que le nitpicking sur Mandelbrot est un formalisme théorique universitaire sans intérêt dans la monde réel, également connu sous le nom de "exception qui confirme la règle".

:lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

https://medium.com/@emjaymurphee/no-you-cannot-have-my-gender-pronouns-5b2f6b7e418a

Spoiler

“No, you cannot have my gender pronouns!”

Requests for gender pronouns aren’t necessarily liberatory

As a university professor who regularly teaches courses on gender and sexuality, including LGBTQ Studies courses, I am committed to creating a classroom where transgender and gender non-binary students are comfortable and supported. And I also feel that “mis-gendering” transgender people by intentionally referring to them using incorrect gender pronouns is a form of verbal violence akin to a hate crime.

And, yet, I’ve grown increasingly uncomfortable with requests to provide “my pronouns” in activist, community organization, and professional settings. Lately, I just respond with, “I don’t care. Use whatever pronouns you want.” But Levin’s essay opened space for me to explore the feelings of discomfort and, frankly, fraudulence, I experience every time I’m asked to “give my pronouns.” Because how I really want to respond is, “No! You cannot have my pronouns!”

[...]

Requests to “give your pronouns” purport to be an inclusive gesture, intended to create a more welcoming space for transgender and gender non-binary people. But they’re actually an exercise in power; a form of social coercion that only masquerades as inclusion.

Requests for pronouns offer those present three choices: respond honestly to the request; refuse to respond; or, lie. I hope it is clear that lying is neither ethical nor consistent with the creation of an inclusive or welcoming space where everyone is free to be their authentic selves. But refusing to respond or rejecting the request can come with potentially negative repercussions. That’s because requests for one’s pronouns often occur in social settings marked by an imbalance of power — at work, in classrooms, etc.

Refusing to respond to a pronoun request in such settings can be interpreted as insensitivity to the concerns of transgender people or lack of concern for inclusion and diversity, opening one up to allegations of intolerance or even transphobia. Similar consequences can occur for questioning the purpose or propriety of the request. Acceding to requests for one’s pronouns does not mitigate the imbalance of power that accompanies such requests, especially when they happen in public, group, or workplace settings. Nor does failing to recognize that such a request is coercive or making a pronoun request with beneficent intentions.

Thus, a request to provide “your pronouns” isn’t a request at all. It’s a subtle demand that effectively dis-ables the recipient of that request and threatens negative consequences for any resistance.

[...]

When I began to explore my feelings when asked to provide “my” gender pronouns, I started wondering why transgender or gender non-binary people would want to encourage this practice. Requiring people to give an account of themselves in terms of gender is a form of gender repression described as “administrative violence” by trans legal scholar Dean Spade: the kinds of everyday violence committed by agents and agencies of the state that are “just doing their jobs.” Driver license applications, medical intake forms, college applications — all routinely demand applicants disclose their gender in terms provided by the requesting agency.

[...]

I don’t doubt gender expansive people’s claims that it is affirming when others also provide their gender pronouns; that doing so opens space for them to offer their gender pronouns; that it implies one understands that gender identity does not always align with outward appearances.

But it does not seem moral or ethical that such affirmation should come through an oppressive and coercive practice that forces others to publicly disclose their gender identity and any associated pronouns, or prevaricate by offering false ones. The outcome is roughly the same: compulsory participation in a gender regime that oppresses everyone involved.

[...]

If gendered pronouns didn’t exist in the language, the entire practice of “giving your pronouns” would have no need to exist. All pronouns would be gender-neutral.

But transforming oppressive conventions of gendered language, and the binary thinking about gender it perpetuates, will not occur through coercive practices requiring everyone give an account of themselves in the available language of gender.

Ouroboros.png

• Yea 1
  • Huh ? 1
il y a 21 minutes, Lancelot a dit :

If gendered pronouns didn’t exist in the language, the entire practice of “giving your pronouns” would have no need to exist. All pronouns would be gender-neutral.

Comme c'est le cas en turc et en iranien.

il y a 21 minutes, Lancelot a dit :

But transforming oppressive conventions of gendered language, and the binary thinking about gender it perpetuates

Et c'est pour cette raison qu'il y a si peu d'oppression et de "binarisme" (is that a thing ?) en Turquie et en Iran. Wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Il y a un gros concours de débiles et il y a une très forte concurrence :

https://www.lepoint.fr/societe/rouen-un-ramassage-scolaire-ecolo-fait-bondir-les-antispecistes-06-01-2020-2356365_23.php

Un projet propose de récupérer les enfants en calèche tractée par un cheval. Les antispécistes dénoncent l'exploitation de l'animal

• Huh ? 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Mathieu_D said:

https://www.lepoint.fr/societe/rouen-un-ramassage-scolaire-ecolo-fait-bondir-les-antispecistes-06-01-2020-2356365_23.php

Un projet propose de récupérer les enfants en calèche tractée par un cheval. Les antispécistes dénoncent l'exploitation de l'animal

A montréal, ils ont interdit les calèches pour le "bien être" animal.

https://journalmetro.com/actualites/montreal/1621036/montreal-interdira-les-caleches-a-partir-de-2020/

• Huh ? 1
Il y a 8 heures, Marlenus a dit :

A montréal, ils ont interdit les calèches pour le "bien être" animal.

https://journalmetro.com/actualites/montreal/1621036/montreal-interdira-les-caleches-a-partir-de-2020/

Première étape : pour le bien-être des animaux, supprimons les animaux. Dernière étape : pour supprimer la souffrance humaine, exterminons l'humanité. 

Il y a 21 heures, Mathieu_D a dit :

Ce sont les premières conséquences de Lubrizol ?

En attendant, la résistance se forme :

Oui au ramassage scolaire en calèche à Rouen et partout ailleurs

Citation

Il faut savoir également que les gens qui s'attaquent à votre projet n'ont aucune ambition quand à la "bientraitance animale" qui on le sait tous n'est qu'une excuse dans le cas présent. Leur but, si l'on en croit les écrits de leurs grands philosophes de référence comme Gary Francione ou Peter Singer, est bel et bien l'extinctionnisme, un terme souvent employé par ces groupuscules antispécistes/animalistes/vegans pour désigner l'extinction de toutes les races domestiques.

Il y a 11 heures, Rincevent a dit :

Dernière étape : pour supprimer la souffrance humaine, exterminons l'humanité. 

Déjà tu supprimes les gamins : moins de pollution, et plus besoin de calèches.

il y a 1 minute, RaHaN a dit :

Déjà tu supprimes les gamins : moins de pollution, et plus besoin de calèches.

Certes, mais qui va payer nos retraites ? :dentier: 

Rien à voir, mais dans la série "les dessous malodorants d'Hollywood" :

(Y adjoindre évidemment la série de touites en réponse dudit @kamranpasha).

15 hours ago, Rincevent said:

Rien à voir, mais dans la série "les dessous malodorants d'Hollywood" :

(Y adjoindre évidemment la série de touites en réponse dudit @kamranpasha).

Je ne comprends pas bien la polémique (mon niveau d'anglais est faible).

il y a 13 minutes, Marlenus a dit :

Je ne comprends pas bien la polémique (mon niveau d'anglais est faible).

Tout part d'un article de Rod Dreher remarquant l'absence quasi-complète de personnages religieux dans les productions hollywoodiennes (alors que c'est très structurant dans la vie de dizaines de millions d'Américains). Ça c'est avant le tweet posté.

Ce que Stentz confirme dans l'ensemble, mais en demandant l'opinion d'un scénariste soufi pour ce qui est de l'Islam vu par Hollywood. (Le tweet posté).

Réponse de l'intéressé : la position de Hollywood sur l'islam est dictée par un pur opportunisme politique : sous un président républicain, l'islam est paré de toutes les vertus ; mais sous une présidence démocrate, l'islam devient subitement réactionnaire et misogyne. (Les tweets suivant celui que j'ai posté.)

• Yea 1
On 12/29/2019 at 11:43 AM, Lancelot said:

https://medium.com/@emjaymurphee/no-you-cannot-have-my-gender-pronouns-5b2f6b7e418a

Reveal hidden contents

“No, you cannot have my gender pronouns!”

Requests for gender pronouns aren’t necessarily liberatory

As a university professor who regularly teaches courses on gender and sexuality, including LGBTQ Studies courses, I am committed to creating a classroom where transgender and gender non-binary students are comfortable and supported. And I also feel that “mis-gendering” transgender people by intentionally referring to them using incorrect gender pronouns is a form of verbal violence akin to a hate crime.

And, yet, I’ve grown increasingly uncomfortable with requests to provide “my pronouns” in activist, community organization, and professional settings. Lately, I just respond with, “I don’t care. Use whatever pronouns you want.” But Levin’s essay opened space for me to explore the feelings of discomfort and, frankly, fraudulence, I experience every time I’m asked to “give my pronouns.” Because how I really want to respond is, “No! You cannot have my pronouns!”

[...]

Requests to “give your pronouns” purport to be an inclusive gesture, intended to create a more welcoming space for transgender and gender non-binary people. But they’re actually an exercise in power; a form of social coercion that only masquerades as inclusion.

Requests for pronouns offer those present three choices: respond honestly to the request; refuse to respond; or, lie. I hope it is clear that lying is neither ethical nor consistent with the creation of an inclusive or welcoming space where everyone is free to be their authentic selves. But refusing to respond or rejecting the request can come with potentially negative repercussions. That’s because requests for one’s pronouns often occur in social settings marked by an imbalance of power — at work, in classrooms, etc.

Refusing to respond to a pronoun request in such settings can be interpreted as insensitivity to the concerns of transgender people or lack of concern for inclusion and diversity, opening one up to allegations of intolerance or even transphobia. Similar consequences can occur for questioning the purpose or propriety of the request. Acceding to requests for one’s pronouns does not mitigate the imbalance of power that accompanies such requests, especially when they happen in public, group, or workplace settings. Nor does failing to recognize that such a request is coercive or making a pronoun request with beneficent intentions.

Thus, a request to provide “your pronouns” isn’t a request at all. It’s a subtle demand that effectively dis-ables the recipient of that request and threatens negative consequences for any resistance.

[...]

When I began to explore my feelings when asked to provide “my” gender pronouns, I started wondering why transgender or gender non-binary people would want to encourage this practice. Requiring people to give an account of themselves in terms of gender is a form of gender repression described as “administrative violence” by trans legal scholar Dean Spade: the kinds of everyday violence committed by agents and agencies of the state that are “just doing their jobs.” Driver license applications, medical intake forms, college applications — all routinely demand applicants disclose their gender in terms provided by the requesting agency.

[...]

I don’t doubt gender expansive people’s claims that it is affirming when others also provide their gender pronouns; that doing so opens space for them to offer their gender pronouns; that it implies one understands that gender identity does not always align with outward appearances.

But it does not seem moral or ethical that such affirmation should come through an oppressive and coercive practice that forces others to publicly disclose their gender identity and any associated pronouns, or prevaricate by offering false ones. The outcome is roughly the same: compulsory participation in a gender regime that oppresses everyone involved.

[...]

But transforming oppressive conventions of gendered language, and the binary thinking about gender it perpetuates, will not occur through coercive practices requiring everyone give an account of themselves in the available language of gender.

Ouroboros.png

C'te folie pure !!

En même temps le réflexe de considérer tous les rapports humains comme des rapports de pouvoir doit pousser à la paranoïa. Ou alors c'est peut-être l'inverse.

6 minutes ago, Antoninov said:

Par leur propre idéologie, j’imagine qu’un sensitivity reader ne peut juger du caractère offensant d’un personnage disons juif par exemple. 
Il faut donc un sensitivity reader de CHAQUE communauté!!

C'est ce qu'explique le documentaire.

J'ai juste une question qui me vient à l'esprit:

En dehors de ce forum,aussi bien IRL que sur les réseaux sociaux(facebook,twitter),on est souvent confronté en tant que libéral aux social justice warriors. Les causes que défendent les sjws sont l'antiracisme,le féminisme radical,l'anticapitalisme,l'antispécisme et le lgbt+

Dans la plupart des cas,les sjws tiennent des propos virulents appelant à des solutions autoritaires: Ostracisation et procés contre les personnes jugées racistes(ex:Zemmour sur CNEWS),politique misandre à l'égard des hommes(les féministes radicales et les lgbt+ exigent que les hommes hétéro pour renoncer au patriarcat,adoptent des comportements davantage féminins),politique économique collectiviste (visant les multinationales et les banques) et limitation de la consommation de viandes...

Comment en tant que libéral/libertarien composer avec des gens de son entourage qui s'impliquent dans la mouvance SJW (sachant que l'éthique libérale interdit toute restriction de la liberté d'expression même pour les idées radicales)?

il y a 6 minutes, Bantou a dit :

(sachant que l'éthique libérale interdit toute restriction de la liberté d'expression même pour les idées radicales)?

Ethique libérale ?

Sinon, l'interdiction de la restriction de la liberté d'expression concerne l'État. Pour le reste, je ne suis pas forcé d'écouter les salades d'un raciste, d'un SJW ou d'un communiste. Je peux même les virer hors de ma maison (s'ils sont chez moi) dans le cas où ils me casseraient un peu trop les pieds.

Dit plus simplement :

freespeechfrancais.jpg

Maintenant, si ce sont des proches avec qui on ne souhaite pas se fâcher, le plus simple reste de leur dire (gentiment) qu'ils sont pénible avec leurs histoires et de proposer un autre sujet de conversation.

22 minutes ago, Ultimex said:

Je peux même les virer hors de ma maison (s'ils sont chez moi) dans le cas où ils me casseraient un peu trop les pieds.

Ou le faire asseoir sur ton canapé ou lui proposer d'aller faire un tour aux toilettes :D

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1