Aller au contenu

Améliorer son sommeil et donc sa santé

Adrian

Messages recommandés

In this episode, my guest is Dr. Matt Walker, Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology and the Founder & Director of the Center for Human Sleep Science at the University of California, Berkeley. He is also the author of the international best-selling book Why We Sleep and the host of "The Matt Walker Podcast." We discuss the biology of sleep, including its various stages and what specifically happens to those stages when we don't get enough sleep. We also discuss the effects of sunlight, caffeine, alcohol, naps, hormones, exercise, marijuana, sexual activity, and various supplements on sleep. The episode consists of both basic science information and many science-supported actionable tools.

• 6 months later...

Jamais vu ces conseils ailleurs x). Pour résumer, outre la lumière bleue, :

Citation

Well, I have something for you that has helped me and countless others to fall asleep in 60 seconds or less. It all comes down to relaxing the body. This might sound simple but many people have a lot of trouble achieving this. In fact, as a physical therapist, I know that one of the most efficient ways to get someone to relax a muscle is to put it through a contraction first. This will allow for an individual to gauge the difference between tensing a muscle up and actually being able to relax it.

First, start at the eyebrows - raise them as high as you can and hold it for 5 seconds. Breathe out for 5 seconds and allow them to relax down in the process. Then close your eyes as hard as you can for 5 seconds before breathing out for 5 seconds and allowing them to relax as well. After that, you will smile as wide as you can, following the same practice. Shrug your shoulders up before relaxing and do this for the muscles that lead down the rest of your body. You should be asleep before you even get to your toes.

Not only does this technique relax the muscles in the body, but it can help relax the mind as well. One of the chief complaints about insomnia is racing thoughts. Focusing on the breathing, the relaxation of the muscles, and keeping the mind off of other topics will help to keep the mind at ease leading to you falling asleep faster.

• Love 1